Our current campaign involves pushing Madison Gas & Electric and other stakeholders in the area to rapidly expand renewable energy generation and deliver energy savings.
RePower Madison’s long term goal is to spur MGE to implement a plan that reduces Madison’s dependence on fossil fuels while fostering economic development and equity.
What do we want?
- We want MGE to be a national leader in clean energy.
- We want customers to have more control over their bill by reducing fixed fees.
- We want more ambitious goals and a timeline for ending our dependence on coal.
- We want MGE to value the community’s well-being in decisions by becoming a certified B Corp.
- We want customers to have a real voice in planning our community’s future.
- We want an inclusive process to develop an ongoing Community Energy Partnership that brings all stakeholders together at once.
- We want more efficiency programs, less pollution, and no new fossil fuel plants.
- We want MGE to publicly support the Clean Power Plan.
- We want transparency and honesty from MGE.
Our community needs a plan for the future. Let’s stand together today, and ask for a better tomorrow.
Questions? Reach, RePower Madison’s Project Manager, Mitch Brey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-323-9585.